My Three Blessings!

My Three Blessings!

Monday, July 05, 2010

Forget About His Will for Your Life!

Forgotten God, Forgotten God, Forgotten God! I just can't get enough of this book by Francis Chan. I'm reading ch. 6 today. Can I just say, "WHAT? You've got to be kidding me!" You want me to "forget God's will for my life." After being taught this for my ENTIRE life! Chan opens ch. 6 with this quote by A.W. Tozer, "And to expose our hearts to truth and consistently refuse or neglect to obey the impulses it arouses is to stymie the motions of life within us and, if persisted in, to grieve the Holy Spirit into silence." WOW! Francis is convinced that we sometimes use God's will as a crutch. Amen, and Amen! I've definitely been guilty of this in my life. Not now of course, but you know way back in my past! ;) The chapter encourages the reader to follow the Holy Spirit NOW! Ask him what to do with your life in the next 10 minutes, instead of 10 years. Francis is not implying that God does not have a will or a plan for us, He does. Just don't get so caught up in knowing His will that you forget to live for Him right now and in so doing silence the Holy Spirit in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment