My Three Blessings!

My Three Blessings!

Friday, April 08, 2016

Fowler Farmers?!

We recently decided it was time to get some chickens. It's something we've talked about for a couple years now but we wanted to wait until the kids were big enough to help out. Mama can barely handle the chickies I've got if you know what I mean. ;) (hehe) Anyway, we purchased a chicken coop and 6 baby chicks a couple weeks ago. Believe it or not, all 6 chicks are still alive and well! I'm honestly in shock that we've been able to keep all of them alive. lol. Anyway, their home for the past couple weeks has been in a metal tin container in our garage. They now have feathers so we plan to transition them to their coop this weekend. I'm excited to get it all set up! Our coop is a cute little barn coop. :) We aren't sure if we have any roosters yet so we plan to get a few hens who already lay eggs in the next week or two. NO roosters allowed at the Fowler Farm. ha! We will only have about 7 or so chickens so we want all of them to lay eggs! Gotta produce to make the cut around here. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment