My Three Blessings!

My Three Blessings!

Friday, September 10, 2010

homemade fire-pit


I absolutely love fall-like weather! This past Labor Day Weekend, we had just that, a fall preview. When the weather is like that, I want to be outside, period. On labor day our little family spent the day shopping around. I've been wanting a fire-pit for a while now, so I was casually shopping with that in mind. We looked at fire-pits at Lowes and Atwoods. Looking around at them really got me wanting one. The fire-pits we liked were around $80. Not to much, but we didn't want to spend money on that right now. So, Jared said, "we can make one!" I was like, "Sure! Why not! We can do it!"

When we got home that afternoon we got to work, with SB tagging along (i love that she is getting big enough to help). First, we chose the perfect place to put the fire pit. Then we headed over to another area of our yard to load up the rock. Little did I know that we had this super cool flat flagstone rock. Awesomeness!!! I got super excited when I saw it! Spicer and I helped daddy load the rocks onto the tractor (spicer loves the tractor, and she loves to help). After this, we took the rocks back to the special "fire-pit place." All three of us helped place each rock in just the right spot. Jared of course is really good at this kinda thing with his landscape experience, so I kinda let him do most of the placing. :) Then, finally, it was finished! Jared gathered the wood and started the fire while Spicer and I headed to the local market to get the hotdog supplies and marshmallows.

After all our hard work was finished we enjoyed a wonderful evening roasting hot dogs and marshmallows in our own backyard! This was Spicer's first "fire-pit" experience and she absolutely loved it, especially the marshmallows! :) And I think I like our homemade fire-pit much better than any one we would have bought at the store!



2 comments: