My Three Blessings!

My Three Blessings!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

show a little love!

John 15:17 (NASB) - "This I command you, that you love one another!" (exclamation added by me)

Pretty short and simple, isn't it? Love one another. This is one of the commands, or rather, the greatest command that our sweet Savior Jesus Christ gave us. So if it's short and simple, why can't we do it? Why can't I do it? I mean come on! It's so super easy to love those that love us back. Isn't it? it's easy to love and accept those that are similar to us, those that do nice things for us, share the same beliefs as us. But, what about those that aren't like us, maybe are a little mean or arrogant toward us? What about those that don't share the same beliefs? I tell ya, if you want to be like Christ, if that's the deepest desire of your heart, you must love those people too. Because after all they are "another."

Lord help me to love the unlovable! Help me to reach out a hand to those that my flesh wants to shun. Help me (us) to be more like you sweet Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment