My Three Blessings!

My Three Blessings!

Friday, January 21, 2011

UTI

What do the letters U. T. I. mean to you? Well... to me they mean Unfortunate Tiring Infection a.k.a. Urinary Tract Infection. UGH! So... I know lately my blog has been mainly about my pregnancy qualms but come on, I've got to vent somewhere! Before I begin my vent, let me say, I'm so very blessed and thankful to be pregnant. I know that many women try and try for years and are unable to conceive, so I do not take that for granted! ;) That being said, here goes... Last Wednesday I started getting so super achey. I mean, I've been achey throughout this pregnancy, but this was like "I'm about to die achey!" I then began running a fever. The dreaded fever! Any time I get fever I feel just. plain. awful! So, Thursday morning I called the good 'ole doc. The nurse told me it sounded like I had the flu. So. To Promed this gal went. By the time I got there I was feeling much better. (Ya know how that goes.) Tested negative for the flu. The doctor thought I might have a UTI but I didn't test positive for it so she didn't give me antibiotics that day. She said to call back in a few days if I had any other symptoms i.e. burning while urinating, back pain, etc. Well, I had a fever the next morning but that was it. Saturday I began to have some of the other symptoms. So, the doctor called me in an antibiotic. I was fever free Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday. Then, Monday evening I began running fever again! UGH!!! Tuesday morning. Back at the doctor. This time, my OBGYN. He basically just told me to continue taking the antibiotics and get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids. So much for that doctor trip! lol! No, I love my doctor! :) After all that, I finally didn't have fever all day yesterday or today! Praise the Lord! Before this UTI, I had never had one. I had no idea they caused this much of a hassle! Now, if I can just get over this extreme fatigue I'm experiencing. I mean. EXTREME. FATIGUE! (Is that normal?) I'm guessing so, just don't remember being this tired with Spicer. Whelp... there you have it. My vent session is officially concluded! ;)

Every good and perfect gift is from above. (This is part of a scripture found in the new testament. I don't have it totally memorized and am way too tired to look it up right now. it just popped into my head and wanted to share it! :) This baby is a good and perfect gift no matter what little trials I may face along the way. God is good!)

thought I'd add this picture. Jared snapped this of me and Spicer when I was about 4 or 5 weeks pregnant. My little belly started poking on out real quick with this pregnancy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Girl.. you just cant catch a break! But what a blessing s/he will be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It breaks my heart to know the trouble you are going through just to bring a precious life into the world. I was very lucky to only have severe back and hip pains, and not too much morning sickness, with all of mine. I hope things turn around for you and I will be praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete